Tuesday, May 6, 2008

monogamy is severely underrated

I’ve been busy doing my sex and the city pre-movie recap of the entire series (and I’m even more in love with the show if that was at all possible). So I’m watching the seventh episode of the first season called “the Monogamists” and it’s supposing all of these extremely upsetting ideals about relationships. The first being that you must formally announce that you won’t see other people. I mean maybe it’s just me, but I think that if you’re in a relationship then you should be present and thoughtful and committed in that relationship. Maybe things get more complicated as you get older (I hope not they’re plenty fucked up as it is) but I can’t imagine not wanting to be with just one person. There are millions of people who don’t have one person to share their lives with and you want TWO or THREE?! It’s completely ridiculous if you ask me.  

And then of course that begs the question what are you looking for? 

If I’m not enough for you then what does that say about you... what does that say about me?


Don’t even get me started on gay relationships in general. 

As if just because we can’t get married there’s no committal obligation. 

So I should cheapen my relationship because we can’t get some stupid certificate and quit having sex? 

Forgive me if i don't see the logic in this scenario. 


As far as i'm concerned when you decide to be in a relationship you decide to be faithful to one person. 


 

Does the lack of a ring equate to a free pass?

God I hope not.



If you’re in it, then be in it.


No comments: